View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 04:09 AM   #1829
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

RIP Tonchi,

Tonchi passed away on August 18th. She was well known to fans of the Mexican-American actress and singer Thalia, having been manager of international relations for the celebrity's world wide fan club and moderator; then, administrator of her website. Tonchi, a native English speaker, was adept in Spanish and coordinated activities for satellite fan clubs in the Americas, Europe and Asia.

A few of Tonchi's contacts were even introduced to the Cellar. A gentleman in Hungary, a lady in the Philippines (whom slang met), and myself (thank you Anne). Tonchi was a tough cookie and fiercely loyal to her charge; but, we had some things in common. She was a military brat who had lived on one of the military installations where I served. Also, she sent me Alien vs Predator and steampunk comic strips. I sent her mother (predeceased) a wine magazine subscription to bone up before visiting Tonchi's sister in Switzerland.

We drifted apart after she stopped posting here (too busy IRL I presume). I heard from her only a few times afterwards and am just now hearing about her death. Tonchi's accolades will be more in the Spanish speaking world. The celebrity Thalia had this to say (translation follows):

Name:  Thalia says farewell to Tonchi..jpg
Views: 350
Size:  140.1 KB

Quote:
The ThalyFamilia lost
a woman very dear
to me and all of us,
Tonchi is no longer in
this plane, now she is
finally free from so much
struggle. Thank you for so much,
Thank you for being by my
side for so many years dear
friend. God bless you and
your family. Here we will
remember you with all
your passion and unconditional
love
If so inclined, do a search for simply Thalia Tonchi and numerous articles will result about Tonchi's passing (in Spanish of course, use the Translate this page feature).
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote