View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 04:15 AM   #37
nil_orally
Larger than average member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Orly? .... And where do you stand on mental illness? Burning at the stake?
Nah, as an engineer and previously a carpenter, I think this is not a very good use of perfectly good timber.

My wife has bipolar disorder and suffers deep, deep bouts of depression. She had this condition when I met her, so I made the commitments to her in full knowledge. So to answer the question, I stand in support of anyone I can who suffers.

Why do I have such a hard attitude against drug-f*cked people like Ms Lohan? Let me see, in no particular order of impact to me:
1. A dfa (drug-f*cked ars*hole) crossed the 4 lane highway median strip and ran into my mate's car killing his wife and two kids. The dfa got off with 100 hours of community service.
2. A dfa ran into the back of my bike when stopped at a red light. No screeching tyres - no attempt to stop. Punched it out from between my legs. I ended up in the back of the tray of the ute (pickup) for about 150m, until I was thrown out as she hurled around a roundabout trying to disappear before anyone got her number. Claimed in the police interview she didn't see me because of the blizzard. It was a 35C day in December (summer in Oz). The dfa got a 3 month suspended sentence. She did not have insurance (or rego), and my insurance mob claimed market value was $3500 less than what I had paid when I rode it out of the showroom an hour and a half earlier.
3. A dfa (probably not the same one) has broken into my house or car to steal things 8 times now.
4. A dfa ruined a friend's singing career when he slashed across the face and throat because she was taking too long to hand over her phone and purse when being mugged. She was shaking with fear at the time. She still talks strangely, and refuses to look people in the eye in case she sees them looking at her facial scar. 23 stitches. The dfa had a sob story, so got a suspended sentence. Marteen is still serving hers.

Calling a drug addiction a disease implies the person has a medical condition that requires our empathy. Bullshit. These people need a funnel inserted into an orifice and one of their victims to pour aqua regia in, preferably warmed to 20C above ambient. I would not suggest the mouth, as then one wouldn't hear the screams.