View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 02:51 PM   #34
headsplice
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
The Special Forces have not pulled out completely. We have a strong operational presence in many parts of the country with some success in many places better than others. Hind sight makes arm chair quarter backs out of the most seasoned critics. How we got to this point is really a non-argument to me, what are going to do about it now is the larger question. Anyone who thinks that the AQ organization, as lose an association as they may actually have with various like extremists around the world, is not a threat and will continue to be a threat to numerous states around the world is a fool. This is a battle we will be engaged in for a long time to come. And the first president to pull back from the fight will pay the price for that error.
Iraq is an entirely different discussion IMHO.
Humble?
I understand the type of fight we're in. But it isn't one that can be one with the military. Check out Global Guerillas for more info on why I think so. REALLY interesting stuff.
EDIT: Hey! It's my evil-est post!

Last edited by headsplice; 06-13-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: stupid fingers, and recognition!
headsplice is offline   Reply With Quote