View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #6
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I'm starting to wonder if bars and music venues are responsible for creating shitty bands.

Here in St. Louis, we've always had a lot of places to play music...shit, you can pretty much play at any fucking dive bar. But actual music venues seem to be multiplying like bunnies recently...and to me, it's just bullshit. We already have plenty of places to go plop down $5-10 and spend $3-5 on beers...fuck that shit! This place is the latest of them. It's a former dive bar now a music venue and bar in a shitty neighborhood. Here's another one that has no business being open, and that I suspect will not last long.

This kind of thing is exactly why I re-started Sycamore. Any fucking idiot can be in a band. I can kinda sing, and my sidekicks can actually play their instruments well, so...voila! Why not write a few songs and play some shows for some easy cash and free booze? Of course, maybe we're part of the problem...I dunno. I hope we can offer something different to the people.

Don't get me wrong...a lot of the venues here are interesting places. I've been to quite a few of them and some of them are really neat. But some of them have no business hosting music or even existing. So quit fucking open new shit, you fuckers!

Thank you.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote