View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #239
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Sam I agree with all of the above. A LOT of people treat the BB as though it were directly from God's mouth to Bill's ear. Well, Bill W. had a LOT of problems. Nobody's perfect. AA was started by two rich white guys whose wives stood by them thru it all - all the ugliness and all the nuttiness at the beginning of AA. Bill opened his (and her) home to alkies trying to get sober and one of them commited suicide in their bathroom...I wonder how Lois felt about THAT and who cleaned it up? (Lois, perhaps?)

I didn't need my ego broken down when I got to AA. It already WAS broken down. I needed building UP. Old Timers don't get that. and the chapter "To Wives" - ? ugh. don't get me started.

AA does a lot of good. It's not for everybody and it certainly could drag itself into the 21st century.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote