View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 07:46 AM   #1378
Snakeadelic
Banned

As for the actual topic of this thread...the current Presidential administration is REALLY WORKIN MY TITS.

I'm on SSI disability, which means my brain's such a mess I'm never expected to be able to return to the job market. I've been keeping up on "health care reform" news...hoo boy. Affordable Care Act? Already gutted by a midnight budget vote that approved a Federal budget without ACA funding, 10+ million now without health care again (many of them little kids). Next target? If you guessed 'Medicaid' you are very wise. Their plan? Fixed funding to each state based on population (MT might have broken 1 million by now so we are uberfucked). Capped so it can't be raised to cope with changes in population or need. Patients required to pay pharmacy and appointment copays at whatever rate The Administration deems workable. Patients required to pay policy premiums for both health care AND pharmacy plans. Yeah, that's gonna be so much fun. After the half the rent & utilities I am required by federal law to pay on pain of having all my benefits suspended or revoked (possibly including a lifetime ban on re-applying!!!), I have a kingly $375 a month for everything I need. When my mom was put on disability in Oregon like 8 years ago, she had to give it up and go back to ruining her spine, because her premiums--which were taken off the top BEFORE she could pay rent or buy food--were $450. I'm guessing the cost hasn't gone down.

So I'm gonna see my MD and find out what drugs I really, really need (like the one that keeps IBS from tearing me in half with spasms) and what I'm going to have to do without (like painkillers) once I have to pay full cost because I don't anticipate being able to afford a pharmacy policy.

I'm building up a pretty solid hatred for the way this administration is handling...well...pretty much everything that excludes rich people. Washington, DC, you are in general pissing me off!
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote