Thread: You RFN, 2012
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #415
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Yeah. Me too. But it serves a function.

It's a sock that one of the kids outgrew and it's the perfect size to cover the base of one of the wooden posts in the roof top rack I built for our car. Keeps the oak post from scratching the paint on the roof. The foam I used to have on there fell off and got lost.

The rack is pretty ugly, so having a random sock flapping around underneath it as I drive around town is really just the perfect touch.

My wife doesn't like to be seen in the car while the rack is on the roof, so the rack (and the sock) spend virtually all their time in my shop.
reminds me of the story about a guy that pulled into the gas station in this awesome tricked out jeep. monster tires, lift kit, winch, P-51 shark mouth paint job, a kabillion candlepower mounted on the roof (including pointing backwards for the highbeam tailgater), shovel/hi-lift jack, brush bar, roll cage, custom exhaust, custom everything. The license plate read FAT PAT. The station attendant was admiring his rig and noticed the license plate. He said, "Hey, you must be Pat." The guy responded, "Nope, Pat's my wife. The plate just makes sharing my jeep easier... for me."