View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 09:58 PM   #74
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Quote:
Originally posted by quzah

But that's the problem. You do not feel the effects of it for as long as it is detectable in your system. That's why they can cook up all those bullshit percentages on "X% of people tested positive for pot in fatalities" and what not.

If you smoked a bowl and it kept you high for a month, which is how long it's detectable in blood (the Yahoo article was gone, never got to read it), then that would be a different story. But to say you're still affected by it a month afterwards? Nah. Maybe, maybe you've got a slight fog for a few days, a week if you get really really baked. But it's not to the effect of imparing your ability. Imparing motivation? Possibly.

The problem with people saying it's prevents motivation, is that people exepct others to do what they think they should. They want everyone to be "normal". Go to work. Have a family. Have someone you love. Whatever. It's this stereotype of what is "normal" that's the whole problem.

If I have enough money to take care of myself, or, can find a way to get enough money (since money makes the world go around) to keep myself from being dependant on you or the state, who fucking cares if I'm motivated enough to go climb mountains or jog or volunteer for the comunity on my weekends or week days?

If I want to sit around baked, enjoying the feeling of it. Watching the world go by, that should be my choice. It's not different than if you go out and "enjoy nature". You sit and stare at birds building a nest, and call it a "bird watching hobby". That's good. That's "valid". People can give you the big social OK.

But if I want to sit around baked and watch birds build a nest, then I'm a unmotivated loser.

Quzah.

Yeah. All I can say is that I agree wholeheartedly with you on this. It's not much, but it had to be said.

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote