View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 08:28 PM   #53
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
I'm trying to see if it is the cause or if it is just another symptom of a greater issue. But I say again, everyone I've seen who smokes reglarly is stalled.
ok. so now you've met someone who bucks the trend.

So. you're in college. These people that are stalled are also in college? or are they the friends you have that do not attend, and instead of studying, they go to work during the day, and then tune in at night? What i'm wondering is how old you and these stalled people are. Not so I can say you're too young to kow anything, but because I want to differentiate your impression of their being "stalled" from their choice in how they spend their free time.

It comes down to perspective. You may see them as stalled. They may feel that they have arrived. Your goals are your goals. You choose to do without drugs, and I absolutely respect that, but how can you be in a position to refer to someone's life as stalled?

I think you hit the edge of it in the quote above. There definately are stalled people in the world. Many of these, I'm sure, get high a lot. They probably also drink and do whatever else they can get their hands on as an escape from their unsatisfying existence. However, there are plenty of people ( oh, and the examples I used last time I said this were meant to be humorous) that DO smoke regularly, yet hold important and respected positions, provide for their families, and hold sway with other people's lives.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote