View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 09:36 PM   #42
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

I have never smoked pot and I've never done any form of non-legal chemical. Even in high school I drank only infrequently. During my time in the navy the only use I had for alcohol was for negative effects (sometimes you feel that forgetting can be a good thing).

As far as the specifics of weed goes, I don't smoke because it's a control issue. I don't like being out of control.

The people I see who smoke only infrequently don't seem to have any problems with it. On the other hand, the ones who I see that smoke regularly (daily, several times a week) have reached a dead stop in their lives. Why? I see the loss of motivation, and I see the prodigious amounts of time and money they put into acquiring it and I have to wonder why ANYTHING as unimportant as things like that ultimately are are so central to their lives.

As to the legalization issue, I say legalize all of it and then punish people who get out of line with ANY form of intoxicant equally and severely.