View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 04:32 AM   #1202
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Does that camera do video too? Just don't try to direct them, they resent that and can be hazardous to your health.
Yes, it also does video and time lapse. I'll probably have a go at video in a few days time when I hope to have a better understanding of using it for stills.

After I posted the previous two images I placed the camera in the front garden with a switch off time of 0330.
There is a distinct track on the lawn which could only have been made by a Badger so I placed the camera as best I could in relation to that track.
Results aren't brilliant, I have to say, but they give me something to work on.

Name:  0037.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  45.2 KB

Badgers are very territorial and boundaries are often marked by linear features such as hedges, field edges, ditches etc. and I think we might straddle two territories.
Those visiting the back garden arrive from the direction of the stream at the bottom of the garden and return on the same path. I'm pretty sure that they never venture out to the front.
The Badger in the above image is a hefty looking chap and I don't believe him to be one of the back garden regulars.

Name:  0054.JPG
Views: 288
Size:  119.6 KB

There isn't exactly a shortage of foxes around here so I'm not surprised that this fellow turned up.

I'll have another try tonight and experiment with the placing of the camera in the hope of better results.
With luck the snow should have thawed by then as well.
I don't know if that affects infra red photography in any way but given the temperature difference between surface and subject I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Incidentally, the crude cropping is due to neighbour privacy concerns. I thought it might be best if I included them out.