View Single Post
Old 08-13-2003, 02:30 AM   #29
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I'm not a doctor/lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. Tasneem "I'm probably never going to visit The Cellar again" Project just happened to blunder into my medico-legal speciality. After all, I really DO commit people.

(and I've been committing a damn lot of them lately. It's not the full moon ... one of our guys actually did a study disproving this, published in Skeptical Inquirer. The boss thinks the weather fronts are responsible, I'm hanging onto the idea that it's related to the Mayan Calendar (Arguelles' Dreamspell count))

obligatory disclaimer: any information I provide regarding psychiatric commitment is specific to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Other state laws vary widely regarding commitable behaviors, length of stay, and court procedures. Check with your own local crisis center if you have an out of control or suidical nut on your hands, although I'm always happy to give pointers.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote