View Single Post
Old 03-06-2003, 02:14 AM   #1
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Lesser know miracle of Christ.

I know that religion isn't a big topic around here but I saw a biblical pasage referenced and had to look it up. I'm a little thrown by it.
Quote:
From the Book of Matthew
21:18 Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered.
21:19 And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.
21:20 And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How soon is the fig tree withered away!
21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.
     Is it my imagination or did Jesus kick a fig trees ass and then talk smack about a mountain? Kind throws a curve on what most of would expect as an answer to all those annoying WWJD stickers doesn't it?
     On a related topic, I understand that Jesus also at some point pulled money from a fish, but I am having trouble finding this. Any suggestions? Man, screw healing the sick and maimed, that's the kinda miracle I'm talkin' about.

Last edited by Whit; 03-06-2003 at 02:24 AM.
Whit is offline   Reply With Quote