Thread: Terrier Breeds
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #120
sugarpop
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterb View Post
Wonder if they ever show the F@#-ups? Why, no It's all taped and he has bull shit his way into big money. You watch him, I'll do the best I can for my 3 dogs.
Depends on what you mean by f***kups. He gets bitten all the time. In one show, at the end of the show, he said one of the owners had put down one of the dogs featured on the show. It's sad too, because Cesar would have taken him and put him in his pack. Many times, if he is working with a person who he believes cannot handle the dog, he will exchange it for one of the dogs in his pack. The dogs in his pack (at any time he has around 40 dogs at his psychology center) are all balanced. They all get along with each other. They are not aggressive.

When I went to Petsmart the other day with my newly adopted dog, I met the trainer (he said I should put my dog in the advanced class there). He said he had met Cesar back before he had a TV show, and Cesar had told him in order to train dogs, he needed to know what he (Cesar) did (which is dog psychology, not training). The man said he was absolutely right, it has been valuable knowledge.

It IS a TV show though, so of course they are going to show the best material they have. We have used some of his techniques on our dogs, and they worked. We don't have aggressive or fearful dogs though. If we had one that was too out of control, I would consult a professional, which is what they always say to do on his show.
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote