View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #16
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Cambridge Police unsuccessful in search for Galluccio night of Cambridge crash

More unbiased reporting - I read about 6-7 articles on this - NOT ONE reported his party affiliation. The only one that did say he is a DEMOCRAT was NPR. I couldn't even find a fox story on it.

The incident report is included here.
It looks to me like the top media outlets in Boston reported his party affiliation:
Boston Globe (Boston.com) - Galluccio, a Cambridge Democrat, collided with the other vehicle...

Boston Herald - The Cambridge Democrat said in a statement he regrets his decision, yet he refused to elaborate...

WBZ (CBS) - Sen. Anthony Galluccio, a Democrat from Cambridge, turned himself in Monday....

WHDH (NBC) - Galluccio, D-Cambridge, said in a statement that he regretted making "a serious error in judgment" when he left the scene...

NECN (New England Cable News) - Massachusetts State Senator Anthony Galluccio, Cambridge Democrat, is embroiled in controversy over his actions Sunday afternoon.
I think most style guides suggest including party affiliation in parenthesis the first time the name appears in an article, unless it is otherwise mentioned at or near the top of the story.

IMO, the issue should be consistency...when reporting, that the same standards are applied to all elected officials.