Thread: London Bombing
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 08:29 AM   #196
Hobbs
Professor for the school of ass-clownery

Wow! I go on vacation for a week and come back to find this thread still limping along! Egads!

I'll say two things to get myself back into this thread and into trouble.

First, organized religion is the kiss of death. Anytime you have a bunch of people who believe in something get together, you get nothing but trouble. Even if you have a group that starts out with the purest intentions, there will be inevitibly and smaller group who will disagree with the larger and break-out. Christians, muslims, budists, cultists, you name it, they got 'em. Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian who believes in what the bible teaches, but I read it for what it says, not what it should say. I don't look at chapters and verses and try to second guess and make up my own definition or meaning behind it. I don't get caught up in all the machanics of when to kneel, what to say, what to do. If you read the bible, there is nothing that really says, "go out and kill unbelivers" and I'm sure the koran is the same way.

Second, I'll say it again at the risk of sounding like a broken record...
the terrorists won't stop until they are ready to stop. Wheather through re-education, or bordem with bowing up everyone, they have to want to stop. All the raids, bombs, and operation "whatevers" will not convince them it's time to stop.