View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 08:52 AM   #6
endeka
Neophyte-in-training

Wal-mart has become the worst offender overall, in my opinion. The "greeters" at the wal-marts I've been to lately don't even pretend to be "greeting" customers anymore- you get scrutinized at the door like you're a kleptomaniac planning a felony (why have umpteen security cameras if you're going to go out of your way to offend every customer anyway?), NO ONE in their electronics section seems to know a damned thing about what they're selling, overall the stores are pretty dirty, and if you go there at night you're not a customer- you're just a jackass getting in the way of the stockers. To those who say "you get what you pay for", it's not necessarily true- wal-mart used to be pretty good at customer service, but they (and admittedly, many other stores) seem to have shifted away from that to just not giving a damn about anything not Directly profit-related. They've even removed the customer price check scanners in our local stores. Which wouldn't be a problem if they'd ACTUALLY MAKE THE PRICES AVAILABLE- how hard is it to stock AND price items? Anyways... I refuse to go there anymore. Overall, I think businesses have realized that people will patronize their stores regardless of how they treat the customers- and it's just going to get worse.
endeka is offline   Reply With Quote