Thread: Is Trilby ok?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #86
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Carrot ate my toothbrush yesterday (the second one).

If I totalled up the damage he's done over his year it's into the hundreds of ££s.

Never had a dog who was destructive before. Pilau would destroy any toy that came near him within moments, but he didn;t chew my stuff or the house. Though he did steal food.

Carrot is very respectful of his toys. he has toys there still that he had when he was 10 weeks old. The house and random stuffs are whole other story :p

Sometimes that's their bag. They all have something. Some quirk, physical or behavioural. The thing that sticks around for ages that you think they're never going to fucking well grow out of, until they suddenly do. usually :p

Ride it out, he's a baby. You've taken him on now. Either that or take him right back, tomorrow before he's had a chance to fully settle and feel secure. Don't let the lad start to feel settled and then take him back or it'll take him twice as long to settle in his next home. And if they run out of patience and take him back after 4 weeks, it'll take twice as long again the next time, and so on.

Last edited by DanaC; 02-14-2013 at 04:57 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote