View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 10:45 AM   #5
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

Here is the truth about Russian media.

Before the fall of communism, all the media reported falsified data about the phoenomenal progress of the USSR, the troubles that the western world is experiencing and how much better off we are. (Wheat production up 400%. Milk production up 360%. Bread/person up 500%. But we're still hungy and the shelves in stores still empty..go figure)

After the fall of communism all the media began to report falsified data about the phoenomenal progess of the USSR, the problems of the USSR being the fault of the western world, how the western world is still shit despite the fact they they're richer. "They have have money, but they don't have souls, friends, humanity nor truth" (I kid you not). In fact my parents hear shit like this from my grandparents when they try to talk to them. "Aww, son, you're becoming just like an American..so heartless..."

Moreover, while communism kept Russia fairly isolated from the bullshit science, with the exception of "medical balsam" from china, which people would buy in china for a relative value of 1c a pack and sell for $50 in Russia. Chinese herbal 'medicine' sold like hotcakes.

Now Russian newspapers and valid media sources report bullshit like pills that cure cancer and aids, cure hang overs, prevent alcoholism, STDs, erection, multiple male orgasms, allergies, aids, etc. There are plenty of people who claim to be able to cure all sort of diseases and the like. Worse yet, plenty of people, in fact I dare say the MAJORITY belive it.

There is also a very fast spreading religious fanaticism. Plenty of missions going to Russia in order to "save" the country from the mafia though Jesus. (In fact, my grandfather who has always hated the church, the goverment, and jews(cause umm they were all in the goverment and he was unable to progress in his military career because he wasn't jewish) has now found a deep religious belief. In fact he's trying to spread it on me. Good luck there, I might as well be the antichrist)

Of course they also have plenty of horror stories, computer radiation, cell phone radiation, radiation from tv and radio antenas (the RECIEVERS), radiation from microwave ovens (food after microwave is TOXIC and causes cancer), I could go on..

The point is nothing in Russia has any truth to it. People are getting brainwashed now worse than before. It's insane.

News get reported with things like "Famous scientiests from a renowened German, English and American Universities report:" What scientists, what university...nobody knows.

Last edited by FileNotFound; 02-09-2004 at 10:47 AM.
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote