View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #84
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplighter View Post
As an innocuous example, I might want to upload a picture of myself, tag it as “Sameer Hinduja,”
and then allow the software to be continually scanning other photo albums/galleries (e.g., Picasa or Flickr)
to see if anyone else might have uploaded another picture of me.

Apart from visual confirmation (when I look and verify if the person in those other pictures is, in fact, me),
further corroboration can be made if they are tagged as well (either with my name or one of my fun nicknames!).
OK, this tidbit from that article really interested me. It's the ultimate vanity search, and I really want to do it. I would love to see what other pictures of me are out there in the world. I'm certain they exist. I've been to enough tourist destinations and gotten in front of enough people taking pictures of the White House or whatever that I'm sure strangers have my picture. I downloaded the most recent version of Picassa and can't figure out how to do what they are talking about. Picassa can scan the images on my computer and also in my web albums for pictures of me. But how do I get it to scan Flickr or strangers' Picassa albums? Or is he saying a hacker could do that?

I want my ultimate vanity search.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote