Thread: 23 Adult Truths
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 03:16 AM   #4
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Good fun Ali, but just to add my tuppence:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
1. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
Our Maths teacher taught us that even if you have just checked your watch (something common in boring Maths lessons) if you are asked what the time is, you will look again. S'true.

2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
Nothing sucks more than the moment you have become a bitch and denigrated a logical argument to a personal level. Being wrong can be forgiven, bringing up something that was supposed to be dead and buried is... ghoulish. Makes you revolting.

11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
Not when you work in a school!

14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
That was my attitude 100% and saved me a lot of grief as it happens.
Now? No-one calls. Serves me right.

16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Light than Kay.
What? What-what?

18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
Word.

19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
What what what what??
I like working with childer. They are used to Grandparents.
It is totally acceptable to say "Speak up, I didn't catch a word of that!"
I suffered most as a teen, especially working on the checkout. I'd give up and just smile and nod and then the customer would say "So do I get some extra bags or not?" and the previous requests would fall into place.

22. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.
Nope. Always knock something over. Have learned not to have drinks on bedside table.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote