View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #7
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Rich, people have sent me that road before, but I can't document it any further than that thread, which is really weak on details IIRC. Either it's very remote and thus rarely mentioned anywhere, or it's a hoax.
Mystery solved. I am the King of Google.

It's actually in China, not Bolivia.

From here, also here.

Quote:
Guoliang Tunnel is different from other road tunnels; it is quiet, secluded and mysterious, bright one minute and dim the next, full of twists and turns. The wall of the tunnel is uneven and there are more than 30 "windows" of
different sizes and shapes. Some windows are round and some are square, and they range from dozens of metres long to standard-window-size. It is frightening to look down from the windows, where strange rocks hanging form the sheer cliff above and a seemingly bottomless pit lying below. A village, opposite the tunnel, appears to hang on the precipice.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote