View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 07:33 AM   #6
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I was sleeping until the last minute before I went in for the lunch shift at the Country Club. My ex came up and turned on the TV in the bedroom and said "you're not going to f***ing believe this." I was groggy and nothing was registering, and the only thought in my head and the only word that came out of my mouth was "Why?"

Later, a snotnose rich guy came into the Kiltie Room (the bar room at the club) after he got off the golf course, snorted, and said "Who'd we piss off now?" Maybe he didn't understand the gravity of the situation at the time, having just come off perfectly manicured greens and fairways...with birds singing and the sun shining, and not a plane in the sky. It didn't seem to puncture any holes in his view of life at that moment. Maybe he was lucky.

I was talking to my Mom...about when JFK was assassinated and how this is our generation's "that horrible time" and they were all glued to their television sets for days as we were. Of course, there is still plenty of time for more "horrible times" and you just never know from day to day whether you will be safe.

So we live every day the best we can, no? Not perfectly, but with the knowledge that we need to scoop up all the good we can because the bad is just waiting to pounce.

It's not related...but the following January I got my first job in my current career...entry level front desk for a snip above minimum wage. Life began changing for me 10 years ago. I've not looked back.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote