View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #73
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Then again she is getting advice from her "friends who have already gone to jail, Kim Kardashian and Lane Garrison who killed a passenger in his car while driving drunk.
Just correcting a fact - Khloe Kardashian was convicted of a DUI, not Kim.

Personally I don't have any sympathy for LiLo. Why should I? She'd have none for me.
I do not condemn her for being an addict. I don't even judge her for it.
I just think once she's in the system she should follow the rules.

The not-drinking rule - bloody hard. You can't push an addict into a recovery that way.
But she's had TWO DUIs. That's pretty poor. I'm sure the bracelet was not fitted after the first one.
She can drink her head off as far as I'm concerned - I don't know her so I don't care about her. But if you've been convicted once for heaven's sake don't do it again. And this is where the money comes into it - she can afford a taxi. She must have loads of friends with cars. She can stay home and order in - keep it off the streets.

AND she has been missing the classes prescribed.
One because she went to Cannes.
That is when I think "Just suck it up". Do your classes. It's not overly punitive. They are for an offence THREE YEARS AGO. How many classes could there have been? My government-funded course was only 11 weeks and I jumped through hoops to get on it. Sadly it wasn't for me, but I turned up all the same just because I'd got a place. If I thought I might go to prison otherwise I'd have camped on their doorstep.

Sorry, I now sound like I have an issue with her. I don't really. But when I sit down to think about it I tend to strip the addict part out and just see a young lady who thought she could buck the system. She's learned she can't, in a rather unpleasant way. But better this than her getting tanked up behind the wheel and next time ending someone's life.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote