Thread: Which party?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #9
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

I don't want to sound biased, but admit it may exist as I have no problem admitting I am a liberal and tend to vote Democratic.

I feel like the Democratic Party, as shitty as they can be, have a bigger tent. There is more room for dissension and varied views while sticking with core values. The GOP is split badly...you have the establishment in DC, some libertarian types, the social conservatives and the Tea Partiers.

And this is what bothers me more: those two parties work together to kill the independent and third party votes, even though they could use them. I know I used to argue that third parties and independents could cause chaos...but the current two-party system has created gridlock. I'm all for trying something different. And I'm not going to just give the Democratic Party my votes. Not that I have always done that...I have supported Republicans that I think are better candidates (for example, Sam Katz against John Street in the Philly Mayor election several years ago). But I'm not going to just go with the Democrats because they are the lesser of two evils...I decided that after the 2012 election.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote