View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 11:05 PM   #17
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
what I thought I might have done to contribute to the problems with the marriage and I said I felt it all came down to me
yeah, fuck that shit

and it ain't like "he's not setting any boundaries, so i have permission to traipse right through our lives acting like a demanding child and ultimately destroying our relationship"

it is each partner's charity, to the relationship, not to try to benefit one's self at the harm of the other or to the relationship

many people break down the other person's ego so as to build their own ego up. "you dumb little shit, now you're dependent on me because obviously nobody else would ever take you. ha ha i win this game again. and yes you may kiss my ass because you like being with a big winner."

~

She may well end up in a better situation than your marriage was. She may end up with a partner that matches and maybe even combats her particular fucked-up-ed-ness. It may be that what is ultimately a destructive long-term condition to both of them seems to be a marvelous connection for a while. Or maybe... it even works! You never know.

BUT the really great thing is in 2028 when you look up and realize you haven't seen her in 5 years and TRULY don't give a shit if she ever gained krishna consciousness.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote