View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 04:16 AM   #38
billybob
pseudointellectual antipodean omnivore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slang

Who comes to your mind when you think of someone having a good attitude under BAD circumstances. Is that you? Someone that you know? Someone famous? What are their BAD circumstances and how did they cope with that particular situation? What would you credit their attitude to?

Tell me a tale of harship and keeping one's perspective and sense of humor.

As I type this, there are two Tasmanian miners trapped under thousands of tonnes of rock in a collapsed mine shaft.They've been trapped for over 10 days. They are being kept alive through a 4 inch plastic pipe that has been eased through a drill shaft. Ice blocks and home made soup are being pushed through to keep them alive while teams of miners work around the clock to drill a new fifty foot shaft across through solid rock and underneath the safety cage that saved them from death.
there are no guarrantees that the rocks won't move again before or during the breakthrough. The situation is about as harsh as it can get for the two guys trapped in a steel crate less than a metre and a half square.

How does this relate to the thread? Well apparently, the guys have requested a short detour in the ambulance on the way to hospital. Reports say that they'd like the ambulance to call in at MacDonalds' [with full lights and sirens!] and pick them up some burgers...............

Legendary.Just legendary.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-29277,00.html