View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 05:24 PM   #58
elf
Yay! We're Dooomed!

Location: Mostly: New York. Most Recently: New Jersey. Currently: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
no. it's not. this thread was to share my experience, and hopefully excorcise the demon, and to find out more about panic attacks. or heart attacks. I never had any pain in my heart. I was just afraid i would......like it was inevitable because of how badly I scared myself that one night. Walking around with a cramp in my shoulder from the tension.....overreacting to every little blip i feel, every pain in my arm or jaw....things i would have ignored 2 months ago .....it's crazy. What is a doctor going to do? tell me i'm too tense, and should quit smoking? And don't say it can't hurt to go see one, because going through a diagnosis is just going to feed the fire of my fear....give me more to worry about. I just need to forget it. People describing bizzare electrical anomolies just freaks me out, and makes it harder to stop obsessing.
*hangs head in shame*
Somewhere along the line I got the impression that what pain you were experiencing was awfully close to heart-situated. I will, at this point -<small> probably considered way late in the game, mind</small> - say that I do believe very much in the power of positive thinking. It's got some limitations of course, but overall, it does make a good deal of difference in your health.
So I'll advise exercise of this sort: and some of these: and avoid these: at all cost. K?
elf is offline   Reply With Quote