View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #60
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

*chuckles*

Well, duh. He's a Republican.

I don;t agree with his political views (from the bits I've read) on a lot of stuff. There are things in his record that i find repellent (a lot of the stuff around his work as a lobbyist, freezes on public housing etc) but then there's a lot that's admirable too.

I think mostly I'd just find him refreshingly sensible for a republican candidate. Which is fucking bizarre really. Because time was it was the republicans you looked to for sensible, to the point of slightly dull, men who seemed as trustworthy with your money as the bankers did (remember that? Whn bankers were a byword for respectability and trustworthiness? :P)

These days, the Republican race is like a freak show. Choose between out of touch, wealthy to the point of being alien, incredibly dull men (mostly) who've been forced to adopt crazy ass policy soundbites to make themselves show up on the fucking screen, or crazy-ass women (mostly) who seem to be sharing a collective brain cell when it comes to any kind of detailed understanding of anything (including their own constitution) but look good hoisting a gun.

Christie seems a normal person. I don;t mean he seems like one of the guys, someone I cuold see myself having a drink with...but just a normal, intelligent, human who is pretty effective at his job.

Last edited by DanaC; 10-18-2011 at 02:59 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote