View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #81
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Lots of my posts have words! They just also usually have pictures because I'm posting in the "weird-ass fucking pictures" threads.

Adak: Not only did you miss my point completely, but now you've trotted out the phrase "the coloreds".

Wow.

(Hint: The historical revisionism I was talking about was your conflation of the political parties of the Slaver's Rebellion and Jim Crow eras with the current ones that have similar names, but drastically different agendas. Well, that and your amazingingly misinformed description of what you think the Republican platform is, and why.)
Political parties are dynamic; changing over time. The current Democratic party leadership is quite far to the left on the political spectrum, and desperately trying to spend us out of our economic problems, while continuing to massively increase the size of government. Like that works.

"I don't have enough money -- so I'll spend like crazy!"

Every government employee will have yet another paycheck the private sector (you and I), must support with our taxes.

The liberal to conservative slant of our political parties, is the major division I see between them. I do get riled when I hear some liberal ranting on about the racism they perceive, in the Republican party. As if the Democrats didn't have the most extensive racist history of any political party in the USA, by far. I remember Gov. Wallace and his ilk, all too well.

The word "coloreds" was not uncommon during the late 40's and 50's. It was not an offensive word, (all racist terms are offensive, but "colored" is only mildly so), being mostly descriptive, and used by more than just white folk. America was a racist place in those days. If you were around in those days, in the South particularly, you couldn't miss it. Words like this were needed, to describe the reality of the law, and the world we lived in.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote