View Single Post
Old 09-27-2001, 08:45 AM   #5
Galadriel
Alphabetarian

I couldn't possibly make a definitive list of my favorite movies and certainly not put them in any kind of order, but these are some of my favorites...today.

Willow Saw the whole thing for the first time recently. Yeah the special effects are pretty rough, but it still kicks ass.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Michelle Yeow, Chow Yun Fat, and Ang Lee. Enough said.

Anything Marx Brothers Sure some of their later stuff was losing its edge, but Duck Soup, Horse Feather, and Animal Cracker were some of the greatest cinema ever.

The Princess Bride I think the main reason I loved this movie so much was the fact that the first time I saw it I had no idea what is was about, I had never even heard of it. It was just so surprising, I still watch the DVD every couple of weeks.

The Matrix Again like The Princess Bride, this was a complete surprise. Because of the trailers I had seen I thought my then boyfriend/now husband was dragging me to see some brainless action movie. I remember after the credits started rolling we just looked at each other and said "DAMN."

Spaceballs and Blazing Saddles Mel Brooks is a comedic genuis.

Empire Strikes Back Don't even start. Everyone knows Empire was the better movie. I mean, come on, Luke learns Vadar is his father and has him chop his hand off, all in matter of seconds. It doesn't get any better.
Galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote