View Single Post
Old 11-17-2002, 04:19 PM   #68
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

September 26, 2002 Fox News

<B>Poll: U.S. Split On Pre-Emptive Attack</B>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,64174,00.html

Twice as many Americans view Iraq as an indirect threat than as a direct threat. Over half of the public (55 percent) is more concerned that Iraq will supply weapons to terrorists, while about one-quarter (23 percent) are more concerned that Iraq will attack the United States,<B> and 15 percent think both possibilities are of equal concern.</B>

Oct 2002 ChicagoMag.com - True Believer

http://www.chicagomag.com/stories/1002true.htm#more

By Steve Rhodes

As he descends into the fuzzy world of dot-connecting on the fringes, I wonder, How did this come to be? Has he always been like this—or did the impeachment send him off the rails? After all, until then, he was known as a<B> brilliant lawyer and staunchly loyal Democrat</B>—his first cousins, with whom he grew up and remains close, include Joe Lyons, a Chicago Democrat in the state House, and Tom Lyons, chairman of the Cook County Democratic Central Committee. When he was named to the impeachment inquiry,<B> Schippers was almost universally described as possessing “the utmost integrity.”</B>

“Well, you know, when I was out there in Washington for the impeachment, I heard this conspiracy stuff about Oklahoma City,” Schippers says. So when he got the Oklahoma woman’s letter, he says,<B> “I thought, Here’s another nut. The same ones who will tell you that Bush had the towers pushed down.</B> But she had some specifics in there. I called her. I said, ‘Do you have any evidence?’ And she said, ‘Yes, I’ve got affidavits.’ I’ve got this, I’ve got that.

<B>“Now I’m starting to think, Either she’s nuts, and I’m gonna get a whole load of affidavits in crayon, or the woman’s got something.”</B>

Good—he thought it was nutty, too.

“She was an investigative reporter, so I gave her a little credit. Then she mentions she had been working with the<B> Congressional Task Force on Terrorism and Unconventional Warfare.</B>

“I said, ‘Why don’t you send me what you’ve got.’ She said, ‘I can’t send it. I’m afraid to put it in the mail.’ And I thought, OK, well, why don’t I turn on my radio and you just beam it up here?

“She says, ‘I’ll come up there and bring it to you.’ Now, remember, I was getting calls like this all the time—‘I’ve got information and it’s coming through my fillings,’ and all that. She and her husband turned up about two weeks later.”

Dramatic pause.

<B>“This woman is the best investigator I have ever seen,” he declares. He opens a bureau behind his desk and points to three fat black three-ring binders. “See these three volumes down here? This is what she brought.” The one he pulls out and hands to me says on the cover, “Oklahoma City Bombing, Investigative Evidence, Middle East Complicity, Volume One.”</B>

That, of course, is where Schippers’s office is. But despite all the craziness that has walked though his doors, he isn’t nuts. He just has faith in the evidence of things unseen—and in the kind that comes in big black binders.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted on Thu, Oct. 03, 2002 Michael Smerconish Philli.com

<B>CONSPIRACY: The Okla. City-Sept. 11 Connection</B>
http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/...on/4201780.htm

Now I know why former CIA Director James Woolsey has been quoted as saying that when the full truth is known about these acts of terrorism, the nation will owe Davis "a debt of gratitude."
Why her name is not already a household word is the greatest mystery of all. Just this week, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said that<B> U.S. intelligence has "bulletproof" evidence of links between al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein.</B> Rumsfeld didn't offer specifics. But here is what we know from the work of Davis.

<B>Davis has 80 pages of affidavits and 2,000 supporting documents</B>, and they suggest not only an Iraqi connection to the Murrah bombing, but also to the attacks against the Twin Towers.

Oct 5, 2002 Phillinews

<B>Specter asks probe of Iraq links to WTC-Okla. attacks</B>

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/...al/4217752.htm

Rose DeWolf

U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter is calling for a probe into allegations of a possible Iraqi connection between the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City six years earlier.

<B>Specter said he has no plans to pursue the investigation himself, however, but has written to FBI Director Robert Mueller suggesting that the possible connection is worth pursuing.</B>

"I'm a little surprised that this hasn't gotten more attention, given that there is so much concern about whether Iraq has any connections anywhere," Specter said.

Oct. 10, 2002 Michael Smerconish/Philli.com

<B>SPECTER & THE JOHN DOE NO. 2 CONNECTION</B>

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/...on/4251116.htm

What is it that the government doesn't want made public? Is she a crackpot, some kind of conspiracy nut? Does her work under scrutiny resemble Swiss cheese?

Or is it that she ruffles feathers when reminding us that the first APB after the Murrah bombing was for two Mideastern-looking men?<B> Perhaps somebody doesn't like her uncovering the presence of an Iraqi cell in America's heartland?</B>

21 October 2002 Thisislondon

<B> Iraqis linked to Oklahoma atrocity</B>

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/1678779

James Langton

Since then, Davis has<B> gathered hundreds of court records and the sworn testimony of two dozen witnesses.</B> Several claimed to have seen a man fitting Al Hussaini's description drinking with McVeigh in a motel bar four days before the bombing.

<B>But she has evidence that up to 12,000 Iraqis were allowed into America after the Gulf war.</B> Some of these, she suspects, are using their status as refugees for cover. "They are here," she said. "And they are highly trained and motivated."

Nov. 2, 2002 WorldNetDaily

<B>Reporter stands by allegations</B>

Jayna Davis rebuts critic, says evidence shows Iraq involved in attack

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=29513

By Jon Dougherty

"It is my understanding that my staff has contacted both the FBI and Justice Department requesting a briefing on the issues raised by these allegations, and these requests have been rebuffed," wrote Specter. "It is also my understanding that such a briefing was offered to former CIA Director Robert J. Woolsey Jr., but that he declined the FBI's offer."

"I would appreciate your comments on whether these allegations warrant further investigation," he said.

As of last week, Specter's office had yet to receive a response. Calls to his office yesterday were not returned.

I've also been trying to track down an alleged US House committee investigating this and havent been able to find it , although there are several smaller websites that have claimed it is just beggining.

I also found it interesting that the oringinal investigation to the wtc attack is being reopened (unconfirmed report heard on ABC News).

The background research for the whole "who supports the war" question took me many places. The US Intell agencies are apparently having quite a conflict between the CIA and the FBI.

The creation of the Homeland Security Agency may play a part in why these two are in such a struggle, I cant say for sure without sticking my foot in my mouth for a lack of supporting info.

I think it can be safely said that both agencies have lost credibility with the american people on some basics, and we're fucking tired of hearing we cant know due to "national security"

Maybe we'll get some answers.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote