View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #2
monster
I hear them call the tide

I do not want to know what is in my purse/handbag. I have taken to ignoring it and "going bloke" -i bring it with me in the car but when i walk about I just take my wallet with my cash/credit cards/DL etc, my inhaler and my lens case in my pockets. And my cellphone and scraps of paper and pens which were always in my pockets.

OK I admit it, I know what is in my handbag -it's all the scraps of paper on which I have written notes. they are multiplying like bacteria. it's horrible.

In the good old days, before I completely lost control of day-to-day things, i used to carry a small backpack style handbag (about 9"*6"*3"). In it would be:

diary, checkbook, adressbook
2 wallets -one with every day cards and cash, one with the ones you almost never need but never know when that day with be. they also contained postage stamps and address labels
nailfile
lens case
spare set of lenses
glasses
inhaler
tube of eczema cream
painkillers
antacid tablets
needles and thread
2 new AA batteries
new film for camera
paperclips
rubber bands
hair bobbles
measuring tape
mini flashlight
watch
capstick
chewing gum
carboard cutout of each of my children's footprints
piece of yarn the length of each of my children's pant, with a knot showing the waistband width
mirror
flashdrive
swiss Army knife
set of mini screwdrivers
tweezers
tampons
permanent marker
knickers
bandaids
instant stitches

and a crapload more, I'm sure.

Yes, i was a scout.
Yes, the zip is bust and that is the main reason I have stopped carrying it about
Yes, I have a new handbag, it is bigger
Yes, the changeover is likely to be time-consuming. Hence the current essentials-only in pockets thang.