View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 09:28 AM   #187
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
Thanks buddy.

The torture isn't over yet. The Swooper is still effing with me big time. The difference now is I just keep doing my work, smile, say yes or no in the right places, and I don't let her get to me. Whatever happens will happen but I hope it happens soon.

I am in a good place though. My breakdown seems to be just what the doctor didn't order, but it sure helped me with perspective.

I remember to breathe, I remember to walk if I feel anxiety mounting, I remember to write it down if need be, and I remember it ain't nothin' but a job, and it ain't worth my life or even my little bit of pride.

But they make the move. I won't.
this sounds smart, you sound good here. I'd like to add something. about who makes the move--let them make the move if you want, you make the move if and when you want, whichever. But. I would urge you to PREPARE to make the move or have the move made by them. Being caught flat footed is an avoidable problem, and it's got the potential to be a big problem. Avoid it by being prepared, or at least minimize it. You're smart, you're on your feet now, you'll be on your feet no matter what happens.