View Single Post
Old 10-22-2003, 01:55 PM   #11
Tobiasly
hot

Thanks Dave, I guess which offer I take you up on depends on when I get home! When does vol. 2 come out in theaters? I heard the delay between vol. 1 and 2 would be only months.

I think more than anything, I'm pissed about missing the opening of Return of the King (well, "anything" not including being away from wife, dog, etc another 3 months, of course). I'll be just fine with seeing Kill Bill on DVD, but I'll never see ROTK on a huge screen (it'll be in the "smaller" houses by then). Oh, and Matrix Revolutions. Shit.

As far as bootleg SVCDs... we actually have a pretty good source of such stuff here in Kuwait. With Kuwaiti anti-piracy laws being a century or two behind those in the U.S., we can buy all sorts of "American" goods greatly discounted. I had Matrix Reloaded on DVD within days of its release in theaters, complete with people's heads at times.

Not to mention Oakley sunglasses, $5/ea or 3 for $10. "Authentic Replica" Nike and Adidas t-shirts, as well as "Flag" sandals (whose logo, incidentally, is almost identical to Fila's) are only $5 as well.

Quote:
Hey man, little bit off topic, I just beat Halo story mode the other day... you played much of that? Playing through it co-op is a blast.
Yes, I've played through it co-op mode, and while it was pretty fun, it wasn't as fun as it could have been.. the guy I was playing with pretty much sucked, so his sole purpose ended up being just to stay alive long enough for me to respawn without going back to the last save point.

It is a great storyline, though, and the AI is one of the best I've played in a FPS. Anyone know when Halo 2 comes out (or has it already)?
Tobiasly is offline   Reply With Quote