View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003, 11:02 AM   #9
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Quote:
From Warch:
But I've run into the situation, similar to what you describe, where "making light" is actually a kinda denial response that stuffs the real hurt away to fester and 'splode another day. So, sometimes you just gotta own the pain to make it better.(which is what I think youre saying)
     Yeah, with me at least humor really is my method to 'own the pain'. (I like that phrase, it really clics with me. I think I'll run with it) It lightens the load a bit but it also lays claim to it. Of course in the case of the pain being someone elses it's an attempt to help them make it theirs. I admit I have often seen people use it to distance from the pain like the denial you describe but that's just silly in MHO. Feel it, deal with it, get it done.
     Actually, I like the physical exertion method. Working a heavy bag is pretty ideal too, though it's not as useful as chopping wood. Running works too, with no equipment.
Quote:
Also from Warch:
Raw emotion can be very uncomfortable, but that's the ride.
     Just so you know Warch, I'm stealing this line. You may not see me use it but I promise I will in verbal conversations. I can think of a couple of people that need to hear that...
Quote:
From Griff:
Unfortunately, I've had a good year so my wood pile isn't what it should be.
     Careful what you wish for dude...