View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 03:18 PM   #13
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
I was reading in the business section on Friday that in the US, egg consumption is at record levels. Hasn't been this high since the 40s or 50s.
Remember when eggs were evil cholesterol demons, and not to be eaten with any regularity?

Around here, people are finally starting to figure out that fresh farm eggs are much tastier and healthier than massive egg factory eggs. Believe it or not, I could sell my eggs in Portland at the Saturday Market for $7 or $8 a dozen, or at the Vancouver WA farmers market, for $6 or $7 per dozen.

That is, if I was interested in all the BS that traveling to and selling at the markets entails. NOT.

Instead, I get together with a little collection of locals every Wednesday at nearby breakfast joints and they buy everything I have. I sell regular/large dozens for $3 and jumbos for $4. The birds are finally paying for their own keep, I get a free breakfast every week, and I get out of the house to interact with actual human beings for an hour or two. Win-win-win!

Oddly enough, I very rarely eat eggs, only because they mean money in my pocket. The other day, though, I ate four small hard-boiled eggs and it was GLORIOUS!
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote