View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 10:32 PM   #14
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

If I do the 2 at work its usually early. Unless something wasn't right last night in which case, abandon hope all ye who enter the room of men.

I always use the handicap stall. I don't care. As with handicap parking spaces, there are 10x more stalls/spaces than actual handicappers so I don't consider myself a squatter.

I like the wide open vistas one gets in the handicap stalls. The big door, the private sink, etc. I like being able to spread out and not be cramped while attending to the task at hand.

Having said that, however, there is one thing that I have no tolerance for in modern, commercial bathrooms. This belongs in the "Whatever happened to..." thread but I'll post it here also. What the hell happened to toilets that you actually flush yourself? What is up with this newfangled, electronic, infrared, heat-seeking, big-brother, automatic "I'll Flush For You" bullshit?

Excuse me but if I can do everything leading up to that point, I think I can pretty much finish the freakin' job without some doofus electro-toilet sending 12 ounces of water to do 72 ounces of water's job.

So, I am left with the job of pushing some unresponsive rubber button countless times to compensate for the fact that the water is gone long before the job is done. Then, in a final act of passive-aggressive defiance, the toilet flushes itslef one last time as I exit the stall as if to say in its finest Pee Wee Herman voice: "I can do that."

Uhh, I have news for you, toilet. No, you can't.