View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 01:37 AM   #13
Juniper
I know, right?

An alternative would be building an office on my own property. Hubby is talking about making our garage into an office for me then building a detached garage - why not just build an office? Except the garage wouldn't need heat and a/c and my office would. I actually do have the space for it (we own two large lots, adding up to 1.5 acres). But alas, no prestigious Main Street location.

The idea of the stationery/writing workshop is actually kind of appropriate; our little town is trying to reinvent itself as a funky little boutique shopping area. We've got an art gallery, coffee shop, skate shop, studio for art & music lessons, upscale kids' clothing boutique, photography studio, craft reseller, yarn store, and an extremely popular ice cream shop...it's tough going because as you said, everyone seems to close up at 6 p.m.

It may work for Waynesville, "the antique capital of Ohio" but not here. Here, we need to encourage shopping on evenings and weekends, just have people hang out in town to shop and be seen.

I wouldn't mind staying open late; I'm a night person anyway. Doesn't have to be every day.

Oh well, something to think about.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote