View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 11:14 PM   #9
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

The thing is, we are all experts at like 2-3 jobs and 2-3 topics. But take any topic. I ask you, Is it ok to regularly read under low light?

And immediately you have an answer or answers or a set of considerations leaping to mind. But chances are you don't really know much.

What is the best shampoo to use?

I think I heard something about something causing cancer but only if you eat it. You should buy it with conditioner. Conditioner should always be separate. The expensive stuff is always fine, the cheap stuff you have to read about. There's something about percentage of detergent. This smells horrible. The best shampoo is beer. I just buy whatever's on sale.

The debate we have with ourselves would sound moronic to experts. But we never think our own debate sounds moronic; except that it almost always certainly is, because we aren't experts. We don't know stuff.

Are police officers treating inner city blacks unfairly?

Sure, it's easy to know this... from my expertise as an inner city cop, my history as a black person, and my Master's in Civic Administration.

Is there a chance I'm going to have a heart attack?

They can give you this probability nowadays. Did they give it to Shandling? Did he have an opinion?

Can I dump this old oil into the sink?

We did it last week and it was ok. It's fine if you just put detergent down. It's fine if you just run the hot water. It's fine if you pour it bit by bit. This will contaminate an area the size of Lake Erie. Edible oils are fine, inedible are not. They have stuff that breaks this shit up and they carry it away on barges. It's safer than putting it in the trash. This is the reason humanity is going to fail. Sure, they put sunscreen in the drain.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote