View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 06:19 PM   #143
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I shot the latest intruder, Monax marmota, the other day. Brazen bastard made a nest/hole right in the middle of my garden. I was too lazy/depressed to deal with it right away, certainly didn't bother skinning it. A couple of days of resting in the sun and heat and it was time to stuff it back into its hole. Pretty stinky. I dragooned the kids to help fill it in since I am off shovel duty for a few more months while my shoulder recuperates. Even shooting with the rifle on a rest was a bit much. Anyway, after a bit of inspired whining and claims of enslavement and imminent death by heat stroke they got the hole filled in and raked. I collapsed as much as I could with my feeeeeeeeeeet and then I wondered if maybe I could collapse the entire gallery...

Suppose I was to snake a hose into the tunnel and then filled the tunnel with a lot of propane and maybe a bit of O2 as well, and then detonated it from a presumably safe location (HA woodchuck roulette!) by means of a wire fed into the hloe along with the hose. Maybe that would make enough of a bang to collapse the whole gallery. Proapne is lighter than air and thus sinks.

Is this maybe the most brilliant idea you've heard from me? Maybe I can time it with the 4th of July festivities.

Could I make a convincing case for "I had no idea that would happen." if things go south?