Thread: Race in America
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 09:08 AM   #27
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
His white privilege card was apparently revoked automatically. The ER sent him home so apparently no skull fracture, but concussion and bleeding.
One common factor exists. An underlying psychology exists that cannot be explained at a personal level. Agitation and resulting violence (including looting) starts with the approach or application of a curfew.

A peaceful demonstration was marching from Minneapolis to St Paul. When they got to the border, St Paul police attacked them. Apparently what happened at the Edmund Pettus bridge: an example of how history can repeat when one uses emotions and not adult thinking.

I once took a three day trip with only cops. They would tell me stories. One was a cop who was clearly racist. They told me to watch. He would go into the cafeteria, only see blacks behind the counter, and walk out. He did that. Then watch. He would then decide he was too hungry. And would go back in. He did that too. His peers knew who he was - exactly.

Other cops know who among them are extreme racists. But the system includes people who protect them. Reporting bad apples is not permitted.

So many precinct commanders tried to remove bad apples. But those problems were returned. Decisions at highest levels refused to deal with this problem. So many cops demonstrated exactly who were racists. But the system says they cannot even report it.

What happens when one racist is in a line of cops. Actions of that one racist ends up expanding into violence between all cops and all demonstrators. It only takes a spark.

Chauvin clearly was a bad apple. With 18 previous complaints over 18 years. His partner, Tou Thao, had another six complaints. One was so egregious that the city had to settle out of court for $25,000. Thao even tried to intimidate hospital employees because they were spending too long treating Ferguson's injuries. Thao then trashed Ferguson's prescriptions for injuries that Thao had imposed. Another bad apple who watched as Chauvin murdered Floyd. Because Floyd spent a counterfeit $20 bill.

How does one address this problem - that is widespread all over America?

What we have: "In the final analysis, the riot is the language of the unheard. What is it that American has failed to hear?" Dr Martin Luther King Jr 1967

Sexobon will now post another cheapshot.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote