View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 06:24 AM   #192
Billy
Professor

My interests & background

I majored in the Silicate Material Engineering. I mainly stuied the ceramics, glass, cement and other inorganic materail. I have studied the calculous, linear math, statistics, physics, abiochemistry, organic chemistry... I could not learned the advanced knowledge in my field because we use the older teaching material and my teachers are not the best in the field. So I have largely read the national and foreign material in library. My GAP is not so high because I did not only learn the outdated testbooks. I think the courses are enough to use. I also took the Business Administration elective courses.

I am interested in management, finance, business, urban planning, logistics. I think I should select major according to interest and career market. I can not select too many and must concentrate on one or two majors. In China we need many people with the upper knowledge and international vision. China are implementing the new methods with reference of the west system. But we only remove your system, not master the spirit and soul. So there are many conflicts between China traditional culture and west civilization. We need balance the two sides.

Many companies can not grow to the big ones. I saw many China companies died because of their management peoblems. China finance system are very distempered. We are reforming them. The urban planning gets behind the urban delepment. So the cities are disorder and off beauty.

You don't need do what you major in school. Any job is ok if you can show your ability. You learn the problem resolving mothod and idea. I want to apply the graduate program entry in 2005 Fall. In the same time I hope to apply the scholarship. Or I can not afford the tuition. I don't know any professor in these fields.
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote