View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 11:12 AM   #146
vonPrutz
Militant Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
vonPrutz - learn history. For example, why did Americans massacre villagers in MyLai? Because they were so frustrated by having so many friends killed in ambushes and boobytraps; not able to fight an enemy that repeatedly 'disappeared'. Your Nam is not accurate.

It scares me when one so self assured knows Vietnam and Iraq are not same. The similarities are stunning. But then it explains how this current lying president could get naive Americans to fall for all those Vietnam 'deja vues'.

I guess you are still young. This is when young learn from experience and unnecessary casualties. A critical number being 'how many years beyond the age of 16 are you?'

Iraq is a perfect example of how easy a Vietnam mistake was made - complete with violations of basic military science AND a president who intentionally lies. Appreciate why a concept called ‘big dic’ is frequently found among those who ‘turn to the dark side’. The young are easily enticed by violent solutions.

Another lesson from Vietnam - the president will do anything necessary to not have that defeat on his watch. That part from history is repeating in Washington now. "Mission Accomplished" cannot be won. So who suffers the defeat? Do you see this ongoing Vietnam deja vue? Again, watch what is happening to appreciate more lessons from history. Many ‘big dics’ who preach support for the troops are actually those soldiers worst enemy. This president's actions will be firstmost for his legacy than for the advancement of America. Another deja vue from history.

“Mission Accomplished” war is identical to Vietnam complete with “light at the end of a tunnel” or “stay the course”. Different words; same lies.

In Vietnam, we had two choices – millions of troops deployed (as Westmoreland demanded), or complete withdrawal. We had those same choices in Iraq last year. Instead Nixon knew Nam could not be won, but massacred another 35,000 only so that Nam was not lost on his watch. Nixon ‘stayed the course’.

Nixon was so ignorant as to even go to China in some belief that Vietnam was really a proxy war against China. Today's president probably believes his lies about Iraq as a "war against world wide terrorism". Different details. Same lies.

How do we defeat an enemy when we cannot be honest enough to accurately define that enemy? Deja vue.

Ignorance meant we continued to waste men, material, and money on a war that America could never win. As in Iraq, Nam was created on lies, fought without a strategic objective, and therefore had no exit strategy. Years later, bills for that war would force America into recession and stagflation. This is when you learn lessons of history. We are reliving Vietnam because so many did not see the obvious four years ago.

And then we have the murder of Bobby Kennedy. Any hope of getting America out of a war (that was already lost) died with Bobby Kennedy. Hopefully we need not relive that part of Nam again.

Scary are those 'big dics' who refused to accept defeat in Vietnam and also advocated murder of students in Kent State. Hope we need not relive that lesson from history.
You get your facts from a book, I get mine from my Vietnam/Angolan veteran father. He served 3 tours in Vietnam and then an additional 2 in Angola after him and my mother moved to South Africa. We could have easily won the Vietnam war, all we had to do bomb the North's ports, fuck what the Soviets or Chinese say about losing their ships. Brinkmanship is the only reason we won the Cold War, it was Carter's arms reductions, it was Reagan telling the Soviets that America was already ahead and could spend more on military technology and weapons then the entire Soviet income. Anyway my point is that the Vietcong were a much fiercer enemy then the Jihadists, how many combat deaths have been from direct engagement? A few hundred. In Vietnam it was all direct engagement because they actually fought us.