View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 09:11 AM   #28
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
If that's a problem, the cars can be told to change behavior over the air.
So now your car isn't getting charged when you think it is and you might not even know it.
That's another thing the manufacturer making changes to suit their purposes may not be changes I want. If they can do it over the air then it can be hacked. You could be hijacked/kidnapped and the car takes you to the kidnapper so he doesn't even have to put his coat on.
Quote:
Ah you got rabbit season/duck season'd there into listing a weird thing that happens to gas cars that have a fuel pump.
Rabbit, duck, say what? Internal combustion engines have lots of moving parts that need cooling and lubrication, plus the auxiliary systems they tack on like cabin climate control, power brakes and steering. Electric motors are simpler and powerful, but batteries suck. They make refueling slow and cumbersome. I've been hearing rumblings about capacitors instead of batteries that are quick to recharge. I rather see a hybrid that has a small engine and generator to keep me moving when the juice runs out.

Quote:
The car notifies you that something happened via your phone so you can call Tesla Roadside Assistance. That should be much more rare than a standard car but it just happened to the Car and Driver long-term test vehicle :|
The car calls you on the phone? Wouldn't you notice the car you're in has stopped moving? Ah well, the NSA will love these cars, they'll know where you are all the time.

Quote:

yes
That's a good start if you use one of those garages and in Manhattan street parking is like hen's teeth.

Last edited by xoxoxoBruce; 01-23-2020 at 09:42 AM.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote