View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 05:06 PM   #343
Miska
Oh, I'm a mighty lumber jack and lumber is my trade-o!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazkia
oh, and one more thing... remember on the very first page.. the numbers you heard in the background? :
check out http://www.spynumbers.com/

( "59372 98324 19043 78903 95320...". The mechanized female voice drones on and on... What have you stumbled on to? Instructions to spies? Messages exchanged between drug dealers? Deliberate attempts at deception and mis-information?

Chances are, all of the above! What you've tuned in to is called a "Spy Numbers Station". They've been on the air for several decades, and only recently have the mysteries started to unfold. But there's still much we don't know about these mysterious stations. With the information on these pages, you'll discover the little that we do know about these stations, what we're still trying to learn, and how you too can tune in to the spies.)

dont know if that helps any.. but oh well...

Drat! Looks as though I've been beaten to it. I'm a huge fan of numbers stations, the transmissions on TINP were one of the first things I had noticed. On the page with the truck someone else mentioned the Phonetic Alphabet station. It's similar to the one on the Conet Project except that in the one on the Conet Project she never says Whiskey. Also, I don't think the transmission was used as the person who first posted about it said. The accent is thought to be Mossad. She is the same announcer from the on the CP, this is obvious because of her pronunciation of November.

All in all, that guy's pretty clever to have put numbers/phonetic alphabet transmissions into TINP seeing as they enhance the scary feeling.

Sorry that that wasn't very helpful and sorry about how hard my post was to understand. I have trouble relaying my thoughts into words.
Miska is offline   Reply With Quote