View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #980
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

At the end of the school year after the kids have finished all their exams etc and they're basically sitting around doing shit all and nothing all day, I'm one of the parents who do not require my kids to go to school, so I have to send in an email anyway.

I got a bit bored just sending in "Aden wont be at school today for a medical reason" so started sending in stupid reasons such as, Aden wont be at normal school today because he is going to clown school, or Aden will be busy being my slave today, or Aden can't come to school today because he's way to cool etc. Mainly because they all know the 'medical reason' is bullshit in the last week of school.

So anyway, when I went to get their uniforms, the lady in the office asked me if I was the one who responds to the absentee emails for the boys. I said yes, and she started laughing and saying how my emails had had the whole office in giggles wondering what the excuse would be tomorrow.

I was glad to have lightened their days. I think we all forget that most people are just people with a sense of humour, and most people appreciate it when you appeal to that side.