Thread: My Family
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #15
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Law and Abs came over today. After about 15 mins I suggested Abs might want to see something on the computer. I herded her off upstairs. She knew it would happen, Mum knew it would happen (and had suggested it).

I thought Law was going to paint Mum's toenails - she's hella better at the decoration than I ever was and does a near professional job for free. I ended up gifting her a lot of my Cellar prizes just because she uses them so well.

Abs & I had a chat and I started slowly, thinking we had at least 30 mins, and then Law was knocking at the door ready to go after 15, so a truncated session.

Anyway, showed her the bundle of clothes I have gathered. Some new without tags - unworn. Some donated and barely used. Some worn and with bobbling (very few) but all washed by me in Fairy Non-Bio and including Premie sizes as well as 0-3, which she won't reach for a while.

I explained she could discard them (pref to a charity shop) or stuff them away for emergencies if she wanted her own choice, but I am confident that with twins, the vests and sleepsuits I gave her will be handy at least.

She seemed genuinely happy.
But after she left, Mum said Laura had said, "We don't want anyone buying anything for her yet. It's too soon. You never know what might happen." While this is true, to me it is also a sign of denial. If the whole frigging lot goes to a charity shop I'd rather my neice thought someone cared before she slipped down the stairs.

No, I'm not cross.
Just a bit frustrated.

Reiterated to Abs that she has wonderful parents and I do not want to make them unhappy.
Said she could keep the clothes here as long as she wanted.
And if other larger items were bought (not by us) they could be stored here too as long as they weren't secrets.

And finally offered to host a baby shower here if she wanted one and it couldn't happen at home (Cellar advice, don't remember if it was Monster or Clod). Again I said my sister was to be as involved as she wanted.

Mum leaned over from behind me and gave me a kiss on the cheek tonight as I was typing away (not in the Cellar!)
She'd been talking to the evil witch who told her I was not depressed because I coloured my hair.
Witch said I was being very responsible and a great part of the family.
I don't forgive her, but at least she's talking sense for once.

And the kiss from Mum was wonderful.