View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #1838
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

Not as upsetting today as yesterday but....

We have this vending machine at work nicknamed "The Wheel of Death" cause it's one of the kinds that spins around, and has a tendency to make our employees not feel too good after eating from it. I've eaten from the wheel many times, and although the food is kinda gross and sometimes causes a little bit of heartburn or a small tummy ache, overall it's no big deal...just enough in yer belly to get you through the day.

Recently they've been putting in little pizzas which are actually rather edible, don't make me feel icky or anything afterward..not a 5 star meal, but edible. AND on my 5 1/2 hour shifts, they made my half hour lunch optional. Woohoo...extra half hour of pay, so I've been skipping my lunch and just grabbing a snack instead from the vending machines on my break at the end of the night.

HOWEVER, they tricked me. Goddamn vendor man switched out the good pizza with gross pepperoni-sausage-onions-and-peppers icky pizza. Ate about 1/4 with all the gross toppings and then scraped everything off and just ate the bread. What? I was hungry. Back to work..no problems...bout an hour later, I get a tummy ache.

Blech, damn pizza. Tummy ache sticks around till the end of my shift, but hey, it happens, no big deal. Get home, tummy ache worsens a bit, but still doable. Talk with adorable boyfriend on the phone, go to sleep.

Wake up at 3am and barf brains out. Repeat every half hour until 3 pm. Loving boyfriend calls around 4:30 and asks if we're still on for our plans to hang out. He finds out I've been sick and brings me mashed potatoes to settle my belly, and sits with me watching movies for the rest of the night.

My abs hurt.