View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 11:49 PM   #18
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I got a call from a friend yesterday, asking if I wanted to see Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith ... Well, Duh! You betcha.

You may not have guessed it, being as I am cooler than cool, but I am a major league Star Wars Geek™.

And I have a major leage baseball jersey with the Star Wars Logo across the front to prove it.

So, given that I was going to see the final installment of the series, what else would one wear?? A quick, panicked search of my room yielded a Darth Vader button that I've had since what we now know to be Episode #4 came out. I found it because it was pinned to my going to a SciFi Convention headgear ... a (trucker) baseball cap with the Team Banzai logo on it. I know I have a Star Wars ballcap somewhere, but you know how you can never ever find something in a hurry when you need it?

So, properly attired, I ventured forth with my intrepid friends, one who really loves Star Wars, her husband who puts up with it but has pretty much lost interest, and two ladies who know Darth Vader Bad, Yoda Good and talks funny.

You know you've scored in geekdom when some other geek, in this case, one of the concession stand guys at the theater, thought my shirt was the coolest thing ever, and started telling me about his lightsaber collection.

I'm guessing his whole concession stand paycheck is going to the lightsabers right now ...

But hey, someone I don't know noticed.

I honestly don't know what the reviewers or other fans are saying, but I thought the movie was cool. Not Empire Strikes Back cool, but way up there. The loose ends are no longer loose, and a few things that I'd made guesses about that I won't discuss because of spoiler potential. But take heart, true fans, bases were covered, things make sense, and Jar-Jar doesn't have any lines.

The lightsaber battles are plentiful, cool, and well worth the admission price, although some of the moves are so fast, and the lighting so dark and shadowy you do miss some of the coolness.

Get yourself a ticket, some greasy popcorn with extra golden topping, and have fun with the latest installment of the old time serial.

And, as an extra little bonus ... you'll probably get to see a trailer for Narnia. It's rare that you get those kind of chills of anticipation from a trailer. I can't wait to see the movie.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote